ページ

2010年5月17日月曜日

Essay 1-02a: Volleyball

My favorite sport is Volleyball because I was belong to Volleyball club when I was junior high school student. I like to play it very much. The practice was so hard, but I enjoyed it with my friends. I wanted to do something, so I joined the volleyball club. My favorite time was talking with my friends after the practice. It was very memorable time of my junior high school.

Volleyball was invented by William G Morgan who was from America. At first, it was invented to play for women and children without constraint. It was very simple rule. After that, he presented this game to YMCA. The name was "Mintonette", but it changed "Volleyball" soon. Volleyball quickly spread around America, Canada and Cuba. In 1913, volleyball came to Japan at first. It was played with 16 people, but finally, It was played with 9 people.
In 1920's it spread around Europe and already played with 6 people.
Tokyo Olympic games held in 1964, at that time, volleyball became formal sport and played.

The game played with 6 people or 9 people, but it mostly played with 6 people now. It is 25 scored match. If you get a point, you get your serve. Must win by 2 points.

This website is TBS volleyball. Volleyball is popular in Japan, because it is often broadcasted on TV. There are a lot of information about a day of broadcasting, columns, players, movies and pictures on this website. You can see a lot of information, so I recommend this website to want to know about volleyball.

This website is about volleyball information. There are a lot of articles about games, resalts, teams and administrations. I think that it is difficult to read, because there are many specialized words, but it is useful to know volleyball's situation.


Volleyball's rule is not so difficult. This website is about basic volleyball's rules. I thought that the rules are complex and difficult, but the basic rules are easy for me. This site is easy to understand and see, because it is itemized. I recommend this website.
(347words)

References
TBS『Volleyball』, . (2010). . TBS『Volleyball』. Retrieved 18 May, 2010, from http://www.tbs.co.jp/sports/volleyball/.

Volleyball.it,, . (2010). . Volleyball.it,. Retrieved 18 May, 2010, from http://www.volleyball.it/redazione/.

http://westlake.k12.oh.us/hilliard/whspe/volleyball/volleyball_rules.htm

7 件のコメント:

  1. Hi!
    Your review is quite good!
    I didn't know about these things!
    I like watching the game!

    返信削除
  2. Good morning!
    Your essay is so good, I think.
    I didn't know about volleyball, but I could understand about it.
    I think William G Morgan is the father of volleyball.

    返信削除
  3. I like volleyball too.
    I could understand about it.
    Why changed rules 16 to 9 with people?
    What do you favorite volleyball players in Japan?

    返信削除
  4. Hello, Kousuke!
    I didn't know about volleyball well but reading your essay, I could know about it.
    I was surprised that volleyball first played with 16 people.
    Have you watched the professional volleyball game in gym??

    返信削除
  5. Your blog is very good!!
    I didn't know much about volleyball since I read your blog.
    Who is your favorite volleyball player?

    返信削除
  6. Thank you Kousuke. I could know about many things of volleyball. Do you have volleyball? I am not good at playing volleyball. I want to play volleyball more.

    返信削除
  7. Thank you guys!!
    I am so glad to give a lot of comments!

    返信削除